10 July 2011

Lasting Memories Challenge #46--Mosaic!

It's time for a new challenge at Lasting Memories, but it's ALSO time for me to announce the winner's of my blog candy from last week!!  There were quite a few who left comments on my album but only a few who included in their comment a response to my request to include in your comment what your favorite thing to do in the summertime is.  The winner of the Home Sweet Home mini-album is

Scraprageous said...
What a cute little album! My favorite summer activity - camping!

The winner of the I <3 to Travel album is

Haley D. said...
Your album is absolutely darling! I want to make one now. The ideas are endless! My favorite summer activity would have to be hanging out at the lake: in the boat, on a float, swimming, etc.

Congrats to both of you!  Please e-mail me at proudusmcwife (at) gmail (dot) com by Friday, July 15, with your address.  If I do not hear from you by Friday, I will choose another name.  And now, ON TO THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE!


This week's challenge at Lasting Memories is all about mosaics.  If you've never done it before on your layout, there's a GREAT tutorial link on the challenge site.  I came up with this layout a few years ago when I was making an 8x8 album:


This layout was part of an 8x8 album called "The Book of Me" that I completed when we lived in Beaufort, South Carolina.  I'd never worked with this size before, but I found it really easy once I adjusted the layout sketches for 8x8 instead of 12x12.  For this particular album, I chose a word for each letter of the alphabet that I felt either described something about me or something important to me.  I'm really happy with the way the book turned out, because now it's something I can show others or pass along to my children so they can learn things about me they may not know.

Now, it's your turn!  Mosaics aren't as hard as they look on some layouts, and we'd LOVE to see what you have!  Get those layouts done and linked up at the Lasting Memories site before Saturday!  Good luck, and happy scrapping!

4 comments:

sharon said...

Love the idea of this--that your children will know a little more about you, and of course the time, and art that went into creating your album... You did a super job!!! :)

Michele said...

What a FUN book idea! I just love it. I may do this. I agree... There is something about receiving a handwritten anything in the mail that is just priceless!! Love your Mosaic Map. Wonderful work Ashley!!!!! :-)

Unknown said...

What a great idea. I love how you mosaiced the map. Wonderful job
Hugs
Brenda
I would be honored if you came to see me

Denise Pustelniak said...

I also love the mosaic-ed map and that book is great "gift" for your children.