30 July 2011

24 Hour Challenge

Many of you may remember that I am a moderator in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin'.  Once a month, we have a 24-Hour Challenge; we choose three collections that we own which we'd like to work with, and April, our host, posts three different sketches.  Someone else in the group chooses our sketch and collection; once they are posted, we have twenty-four hours in which to get our layout completed and posted to the group.

This month, the collection chosen for me was Bo Bunny's It's My Party, and this is the sketch I had to work with:
 I initially thought this was going to be a difficult sketch to work with, but once I sat down with my collection, everything really came together.  Here's my completed layout:
Everything on my layout is from Bo Bunny's It's My Party line except for the banner, which was cut from a piece of Creative Imaginations Clouds & Banners patterned paper.  The pictures are from my 40th birthday this past March.  My husband found a candle that had "40" in big numbers, then underneath those it said "40 is the new 30!" so I've adopted that as my motto! LOL!

I hope everyone is planning a great weekend!  We've got a couple of family things planned, and then I'll be doing more scrapping.  I'll be finishing up my last two cards from the Christmas in July Christmas card challenge in Scrappin' 'n' Chattin', and I've also got to get my layouts done for Scrappin' 'n' Chattin's monthly challenge (This layout also qualifies for the balloon theme this month!).  Be sure to check back here on Sunday for the newest Lasting Memories challenge!  Happy scrapping!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Great page Ashley. I love the colors. Perfect for the photos. The banner is really cool. I like your image on you signature line.