25 July 2011

Christmas in July! (Part 3)

As many of you may remember, I've been participating in a Christmas in July challenge in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin'.  I can't believe we've almost made it to the end!  Here's my card for Day 25:
I found the sketch here at Skipping Stones Design, and I'm entering this card in their SSD#85 challenge as well.  I cut my cardstock to fit a business-size envelope, because my gingerbread & candy cane stickers were too big to fit on my regular card base.  I picked up these cute puffy stickers at Hobby Lobby when I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago, initially to go along with some gingerbread man ribbon I found in my stash.  When I ran across the sketch at Skipping Stones Design today, however, I knew EXACTLY what I was going to use!  The ribbon ultimately didn't fit with what I wanted to do, so I'll use it with something else later. 

The border punch along the bottom is one I received in a border punch swap in Scrappin' 'n' Chattin', and the wording is a strip I cut off a piece of patterned paper from American Traditional Designs' Holiday Cheer line that I found in my stash.  I cut pieces of white cardstock to back the stickers, covered them with my glue pen, then added Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter in Angel Dust to add a little shimmer.  To finish everything off, I added rhinestones from Queen & Co.'s Holiday set and bordered the bottom of the patterned paper with green Studio G Glitter Glue that I picked up at Michael's a while back.

If you have checked out the stamp sets over at Skipping Stones Designs, you really should!  I discovered them today after noticing they're having a Design Team call, and I think I'm going to have to make it a point to place an order VERY soon!  They've got some CUTE stuff!!! 

I hope everyone is having a great summer!  Thanks for looking, and happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Barb Turpin said...

Cute blog, and cute card...so glad you found us at Skipping Stones Design!

Jingle said...

Very cute! Thanks so much for linking up with SSD this week!

~amy~ said...

Such a fun holiday take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Such a fun Christmas card.

Karen B. said...

This is adorable, I think it is awesome when people create holiday cards all year round.