07 February 2011

New cards

I'm a moderator in the Yahoo group Scrappin' 'n' Chattin', and we have several different challenges every month.  One of the many is a card challenge.  You can make up to thirty cards in a month and post them in the Card Challenge folder.  At the end of the month, you get one entry for every three cards you entered, provided you completed the two SPECIFIC card challenges for the month.  If you didn't, you still get entered into a smaller drawing.  One of the challenges for this month is to use five different colors of cardstock on your card--NO PATTERNED PAPER!  Here's what I came up with:
At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate five different colors of cardstock on one card.  Then I came across a card in the January/February 2011 issue of Paper Crafts magazine that layered some papers like this.  PROBLEM SOLVED!

Here's another card I entered:
The die-cut sentiment was one I received in a Cricut swap I was in a few months ago.  It just seemed to fit with what I wanted to do!  Both of these cards are headed out to a couple of ladies in the Scrappin' 'n' Chattin' who are in the  Birthday Card Swap.  Happy birthday, ladies!

No comments: