05 September 2011

Nettie G's new challenge and DT announcement!!

Happy Labor Day!!  I hope everyone (in America at least!) is enjoying a three-day weekend, whatever you may be doing.  To start with today, I have an announcement to make--I'M ONE OF THE NEW MEMBERS OF THE DESIGN TEAM AT NETTIE G'S!  I'm REALLY excited to work with everyone over there, and I hope you'll join us for the challenges!

This week's challenge is a color inspiration challenge:


I LOVE these colors together!  The image I chose for my card is from NettieG.  Here's my creation:


When I saw this image, I knew I HAD to have it!!!  I found the sketch at Card Positioning Systems, and I'll be entering this card in their weekly challenge as well.  I used my Fibracolor markers to color the image, then I added some glitter to the window panes for the snow effect.  My silver embellishment is the brad that I added to the center of the ribbon.  My sentiment says "Season's Greetings," although it's a little hard to see.  

We'd LOVE to see what you can come up with using these three colors!  You can create a layout, card, project, ANYTHING!!!  You've got two weeks to get your project finished and linked up to the challenge blog at NettieG's Digital Gems Challenge Blog.  Get busy, and happy scrapping! 
 

5 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I love that color combo and your use of the CPS sketch. Nice card

Sue said...

Very pretty Ashley. Great take on the sketch. Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Great card and congrasts on the DT!!

Karen Wilson said...

Congrats!! That's awesome news!! Love your card and what a great color challenge!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Lovely card.